UHD Mesh Scenery v1 for X-Plane 10 released
After the successful release of “HD Mesh Scenery v3” last December, the new “UHD Mesh Scenery v1” tries to push the limits of the X-Plane 10 scenery engine even further.
The general characteristics of “UHD Mesh Scenery v1” are identical to those described in HD Mesh Scenery v3.
The main differences (and improvements) are:
- 30m resolution DEM elevation data instead of 90m DEM data.
- (once more) massively increased mesh density … by roughly factor 2.5 to 3! This is not only beneficiary to the better representation of the higher res DEM data, but also – once more – improves landclass and forest detail.
Because of this, the “UHD Mesh Scenery v1” Scenery is very heavy on hardware resources and will only run smoothly on modern, higher end PCs. Its very important – before even considering a download – to have at least 16 GBytes of RAM and a modern / powerful GPU!
Covered Regions (see coverage on the download maps below):
- Europe – Alps
- USA – Colorado Mountains (parts of New Mexico)
- USA – Canyons and Mountains in Arizona / Nevada
- USA – Mountains in Montana (5×5 degree area)
- USA – Sierra Nevada (Yosemite etc.)
If you are – only – looking for comparison screenshots, here are the official ones accompanying the release of UHD Mesh Scenery v1. Just follow the links to my picasaweb albums:
- UHD Mesh Scenery v1 – FINAL (all screenshots come in pairs – they are comparisons between UHD and HD quality! The first of each pair is UHD, the second HD – but there are also caption for each picture to make this clear).