RELEASED: UHD Mesh Scenery v4 for X-Plane 11
UHD Mesh Scenery v4 can be seen as a vastly improved version of the default scenery shipping with XP11. It is using/referencing the exact same set of artwork files (textures, object, autogens, forests) which ship with XP11, so you do not need other art assets to be installed while UHD Mesh Scenery v4 will also benefit from any artwork improvements (autogen, texture) coming with future XP11 versions.
General Characteristics of UHD Mesh Scenery v4 are identical to those of HD Mesh Scenery v4 (you can read those on its own page). The advantages of UHD Mesh Scenery v4 are:
- Uses 30m DEM data (instead of 90m DEMs)!
- Landclass data for some areas (USA West, Europe Alps, Europe Pyrenees, Japan, New Zealand) was re-created with very high resolution (compared to the data used in HD Mesh Scenery v4) resulting in even better landclass representation.
- The triangle mesh resolution a lot higher than in HD Mesh Scenery v4:
- this give – obviously – even better representation of the 30m DEM data (slopes, mountains etc.)
- BUT this also vastly(!) improves the landclass data representation (which in X-Plane is very closely coupled with the triangle size in the mesh). This is most obvious with forest detail.
- OSM data is updated (its “date stamp” is 10th January 2018) . Which makes it newer than the data in UHD Mesh Scenery v4.
- New Zealand
- Europe – Pyrenees
- Europe – Alps
- Europe – Scandinavia
- USA – West (3 files, 1/2/3)
- Canada – West (3 files, 1/2/3)
- The scenery requires at least X-Plane 11.00 !!! IT WILL NOT WORK WITH X-Plane 10.xx!
- 32 GBytes of RAM are highly recommended (64 GBytes are optimal)! Some areas might work with 16 GBytes of RAM too, but there it is very likely you will quickly run into some OOM issues!
Here are the official screenshots accompanying the release of UHD Mesh Scenery v4. Just follow the links to my Google Photos albums:
All other (continuously updated) information, download links and important instructions can be found on the official UHD Mesh Scenery v4 Site: